VWR is committed to giving back to the environment in which we work and live. As a global business, it is our responsibility to make a difference while having a positive impact on our communities.
In 2009, five VWR associates created the VWR Foundation with a mission to:
- RESEARCH for new innovation and scientific application
- Improve HEALTH and WELL-BEING
- Build a greater awareness and improvement in SCIENCE EDUCATION
Since its inception, the VWR Foundation has celebrated many key milestones:
- January 2009 – the Foundation was established with the IRS
- July 2009 – the Foundation gave its first grant
- 2010 – the Foundation launched the VWR Matching and VWR Collection programs
- 2012 – the Foundation provided its 50th grant of over $100,000 to build a science lab at the Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School
- 2014 – the Foundation celebrated its 5 year anniversary and surpassed the $1 million dollar mark in donations
The VWR Foundation continues to provide grants to worthy organizations aligned with its mission. To date, it has provided over 150 grants to more than 75 organizations.
To learn more about the VWR Foundation or to apply for a grant, click here.